Thanks everyone for coming to tonight's casting call!
Since it's almost midnight as I started typing, I'll try to stick to the main points.
1) Thanks for coming from your long day to participate. We managed to get everyone documented and sized up and still had time for discussion within 1.5 hours as planned!
2) For those who looked at the casting list, I recorded your desired role. For those who did not, here is the detailed list for season 1: http://www.imprintsociety.com/projects/path-series-film-and-photo-shoot If there is a role that you desire just email me. We begin one-on-one auditions in October. EVERYONE will be contacted by me or Kandice to schedule an audition. To hedge fears of "not getting picked", there is always a place at our studio for you. Even if your acting chops aren't there, give it time and you can eventually earn your spot into a role. My writer wisely informed me once that anyone can act; there's just training.
3) Josh McCollister is the producer of the project that plans to bring 1-2 creepy pastas short films to the big screen. Please call him at 214-576-6710 for more details on what resources he needs.
4) For the pool party here is the registration link: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/pool-party-and-filmphotography-event-general... No matter what happens in October, you're guaranteed screen credits at this event. Also, although there is no monetary compensation as I stated during meeting grilled food, entry, VIP access to the outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, lounge chairs and other amenities will be at your disposal. Once again, IMPRESS me at the event while I'm directing. I may just feel inspired enough to ask one or more of you to speak a few lines. I HIGHLY encourage if you didn't do it during the casting call to start exchanging contact information. We always welcome those who want to become part of the ensemble cast. I personally want us all to feel like a big happy family looking to help each of you eventually find your career niche. In fact, some have already used us as stepping stones. Kristy our last makeup artist is now in New York continuing her craft and also attempting to join Broadway, Amanda one of our actors is now a director and an instructor at UTA, Josh McCollister whom you all met is now an instructor at UTA, former student James Lee will be in Vegas next week, and the list goes on. If you want to get training to help build your way into our tech team, social media team, or even film team, considering registering for a class with UTA to get the basics and then we can mentor you for the rest: http://www.uta.edu/ced
5) Quick breakdown of scene:
a. Establishing shot of a pool party. People are having a great time. One or more models are getting pictures taken by a photography team.
b. Two mob bosses peruse the party to enjoy what the hostess (their rival) has to offer.
c. Eventually they make their way to sit with her in the Jacuzzi. She's in the middle of enjoying the company of her two bodyguards.
d. They half-heartedly apologize to her for nearly getting her killed...NOT...but they apologize nonetheless.
e. She "accepts" their apology, and then Dre (already casted with Brandon as alternate) with the ability to perceive possible future outcomes shoots the mob bosses and escapes while the crowd disperses (that's you guys ha ha ha).
f. The hostess with assistance of bodyguards gets out of the Jacuzzi and mutters "...but not forgotten" and she grins and leaves. Opportunities is just as much networking as it is skill as Xavier and Josh can concur. If you're available Saturday feel free to bring friends (21+) and meet other guests, staff, talents, etc. It's a truly unique experience, and again if the shoot does well then Main Course Dining will likely offer more resources for us in the future. This event has been in the making for almost three months, so a lot of planning was involved. Please come by to be a part of it all, and see yourself on the big screen in January 2015.
Don Voxuan, Producer